atheros madwifi patch

Postby Airstreamer » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:07 pm

Landus wrote:This ends here.

I'm going to be brutally blunt. Stop mincing words like a child. If you want to ban me for pissing you off, be my guest.

If you want to get your friends and flame me, go ahead. It shows the lack of maturity.

You aren't the Pope either. What you think isn't Divine law. Nor is this the only place to seek help when it comes to wireless security.

Now, I'm done posting on this topic.

Fire up your widdle pinkies and search for "SE", as in "Social Engineering," since you state you are going into networking. At some point, you will need to learn the terminology. And the results from that search will give you some insight as to why you received the replies you did from the people on this board that have "heard it all before."
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
Airstreamer

Postby G8tK33per » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:18 pm

Landus wrote:This ends here.

I'm going to be brutally blunt. Stop mincing words like a child. If you want to ban me for pissing you off, be my guest.

If you want to get your friends and flame me, go ahead. It shows the lack of maturity.

You aren't the Pope either. What you think isn't Divine law. Nor is this the only place to seek help when it comes to wireless security.

Now, I'm done posting on this topic.

As you wish, junior.

The following lesson is free:

landusmikain@hotmail.com
70-100-181-247.dsl1-erie.roc.ny.frontiernet.net
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby BeKind » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:14 pm

I've read through some of the posts on this forum and I must say you guys are major a-holes. Especially Dutch.
Streaker actually posted usefull information in his posts so this does not apply to him.

But some of you are such pricks that I took the time to register just to say so. You guys must have been raised by whores and burned with cigarettes as children to give you such a comtemptuous attitude. What a great community you guys create together. Congratulations.

If anyone broke the "idiot" rule for posting in this forum it was not Landus, it was Dutch.

On topic: I disagree that WEP is not a good security protocol. Without WEP any one of my neighbors could get on my wireless network just by using their connection manager, possibly by accident. The odds are very low that someone who lives within wireless range would have the knowlede or make the hardware/software effort required to break into my WEP network. WEP is not wireless equivalent security but good enough for most residential situations. It would be much easier and faster to break into the back door of my house than to crack my WEP. But I still lock my door and I still use WEP at home. And it is a good educational exercise to try and break into your own network. Not only will you learn the level of security of a network & how to improve it - but also learn about hardware, protocols, operating systems, networks etc.

A-holes.

Don't worry, Ill cancel my own account after I post this, I wouldn't keep company with you guys even if you did post good information.
BeKind

Postby Dutch » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:31 pm

D'oh.. Newbie Dimwit post a reply 7 months after the fact, and threatens to cancel his account ? Well, color me purple, that really irks me.... NOT!

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby Thorn » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:39 pm

BeKind wrote:I've read through some of the posts on this forum and I must say you guys are major a-holes. Especially Dutch.
Streaker actually posted usefull information in his posts so this does not apply to him.

But some of you are such pricks that I took the time to register just to say so. You guys must have been raised by whores and burned with cigarettes as children to give you such a comtemptuous attitude. What a great community you guys create together. Congratulations.

If anyone broke the "idiot" rule for posting in this forum it was not Landus, it was Dutch.

WMPH

BeKind wrote:On topic: I disagree that WEP is not a good security protocol. Without WEP any one of my neighbors could get on my wireless network just by using their connection manager, possibly by accident. The odds are very low that someone who lives within wireless range would have the knowlede or make the hardware/software effort required to break into my WEP network. WEP is not wireless equivalent security but good enough for most residential situations. It would be much easier and faster to break into the back door of my house than to crack my WEP. But I still lock my door and I still use WEP at home. And it is a good educational exercise to try and break into your own network. Not only will you learn the level of security of a network & how to improve it - but also learn about hardware, protocols, operating systems, networks etc.

There are at least three things wrong in this paragraph, but especially so in the highlighted statement. Even if you have a sub-standard lock, WEP can be in about the same time as breaking into the door. If you are using anything less than WPA2, then you're a bigger fool than the rest of the post implies.

BeKind wrote:A-holes.

Don't worry, Ill cancel my own account after I post this, I wouldn't keep company with you guys even if you did post good information.
Promises, promises.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby streaker69 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:30 pm

BeKind wrote:I've read through some of the posts on this forum and I must say you guys are major a-holes. Especially Dutch.

On topic: I disagree that WEP is not a good security protocol. Without WEP any one of my neighbors could get on my wireless network just by using their connection manager, possibly by accident. The odds are very low that someone who lives within wireless range would have the knowlede or make the hardware/software effort required to break into my WEP network. WEP is not wireless equivalent security but good enough for most residential situations. It would be much easier and faster to break into the back door of my house than to crack my WEP. But I still lock my door and I still use WEP at home. And it is a good educational exercise to try and break into your own network. Not only will you learn the level of security of a network & how to improve it - but also learn about hardware, protocols, operating systems, networks etc.

A-holes.

Hey wow! I have a fan.

Now, go fuck yourself.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby theprez98 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:24 pm

Amen, brother! :D
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Postby Dutch » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:46 pm

theprez98 wrote:Amen, brother! :D

/calls the P, and ensures that there's one narmy guy who's travel orders suddenly shows Alaska iso PA...
And no, you won't be issued cold weather gear. You just have to make do with the standard issue summer desert gear you have with you.

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

Postby theprez98 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:47 pm

Dutch wrote:/calls the P, and ensures that there's one narmy guy who's travel orders suddenly shows Alaska iso PA...

Dutch

Alaska is better than Iraq!!! ;)
theprez98

Postby Dutch » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:49 pm

[quote="theprez98"]Alaska is better than Iraq!!! ]
Not when you are further north than Barry... :D

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

Postby streaker69 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:50 pm

[quote="theprez98"]Alaska is better than Iraq!!! ]

I think you should be re-assigned to Greenland to make sure that Nuclear Reactor the Army up there back in the 50's is still there.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Postby Dutch » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:51 pm

streaker69 wrote:I think you should be re-assigned to Greenland to make sure that Nuclear Reactor the Army up there back in the 50's is still there.

The US Army has never had a presence in Greenland. You must be thinking about wrzwaldo's old buddies in the <spit-cough-hark> Airforce...

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

Postby theprez98 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:53 pm

Dutch wrote:Not when you are further north than Barry... :D

Dutch

I have it on good word from the FKO that the Danish authorities are activating certain members of the home defense. :p
theprez98

Postby streaker69 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:56 pm

Dutch wrote:The US Army has never had a presence in Greenland. You must be thinking about wrzwaldo's old buddies in the <spit-cough-hark> Airforce...

Dutch

Ya know, normally I wouldn't dispute something, because I know you know alot of stuff..

But.... http://www.almc.army.mil/alog/issues/SepOct01/MS684.htm

[quote]
The Army Corps of Engineers ran a Nuclear Power Program from 1952 until 1979, primarily to supply electric power in remote areas. Stationary nuclear reactors built at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, and Fort Greeley, Alaska, were operated successfully from the late 1950s to the early 1970s. Portable nuclear reactors also were operated at Sundance, Wyoming]
streaker69

Postby Dutch » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:58 pm

BTW, I know I'm going to show my age here.. But I actually both got drunk for the first time of my life, and saw two of the great movies from the last century, "Dr. Zhivago" and "The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean", at the Airforce Base on Sondre Stromfjord way back in 1973..

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

PreviousNext

Return to Unix/Linux