WarServer

Postby streaker69 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:52 am

renderman wrote:Might want to check the access logs from the archive and compare with the netblock of his site and see if he did pillage the archive.

I've already checked CoWF. He only visited once. He has since been placed on perma-ban.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby audit » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:57 am

The logs for michiganwireless were wiped when the box was pulled offline in saturday for the fresh reload of the system, I just grep'd for 99e99.com in the personalwireless.org logs and didn't see anything but my money is that he leached it on the michiganwireless.org site.
audit

Postby renderman » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:01 pm

I went civil, I'll let you guys tear in on your own. I CC'd the other parties

I can see from your reply that you put alot of time and effort into designing this product. Wait, It was me that worked to the goal of Kismet on Windows. Insulting the tech talents of someone who's project you are using to produce your 'product' is not a way to encourage me to continue my research.

Using the work of someone else, asking the developer for help when you can't solve a problem, selling it and not even giving complete credit to the developers who freely provided what your making money from. That's just low. I did'nt have to write my Drone guides, Joshua could have easily not released his Kiswin package, Goldfndr did'nt have to create the patch for GPSD, Dragorn, well, there's no way to account for the amount of time and effort he's spent. One has to also wonder how often you visited the personalwireless wardriving software archive to make your little compilation CD.

No-one is saying that you can't sell your package, but I wish you luck on your sales because we'll be doing what I can to make sure people know that your leeching the hard work of others.

RenderMan

CC: Dragron, Joshua Wright, Goldfndr, Audit
renderman

Postby audit » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:08 pm

Fuck being civil to someone like that. Someone contact Chris and let him in on this also. I think I'll be giving him a call later tonight to inform him. God won't even be able to save this asshole from the fucking ass reaming he's about to get. This just pisses me off more then anyone can imagine. I don't even think I can make it out hunting tonight because as pissed off as I am, I just may end up shooting the damn deer with so many slugs that I'll ruin the meet and that'll piss me off even more.

Nothing like a pissed off Redneck. To everyone that's seen one, you know what I'm taking about, to people that haven't, run your ass in the other direction if you ever see one.
audit

Postby streaker69 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:57 pm

Hey, audit, this will cheer ya up.

http://www.flashbunny.org/content/animalrights.html
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Postby Schutzengel » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:41 pm

Not that one would want to be an asshole or anything but a quick look at the http://www.99e99.com website has several commercial logos. We here at the PCSO are an HP authorized repair site, but I dont think that even we can use the HP logo without written permission. One would think a quick call to HP, Cisco, Interliant, and Nortel would yield some questions that this assclown would not want to answer about trademark infringement.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid. - IKE

There is no place like 127.0.0.1 - Dorothy
Schutzengel

Postby Schutzengel » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:49 pm

Ok,

A quick search of HP / Compaq shows no mention of "The IT Group" "99e99" or "IT Group" that would put them firmly in violation of HPs trademark usage.

let the big dogs at HP/CPQ, Cisco, et al... take this tard down.

Schutzengel

Postby beakmyn » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:25 pm

Schutzengel wrote:Ok,

A quick search of HP / Compaq shows no mention of "The IT Group" "99e99" or "IT Group" that would put them firmly in violation of HPs trademark usage.

let the big dogs at HP/CPQ, Cisco, et al... take this tard down.

HP

The HP logo is reserved for use by licensees, partners and alliances under contract with HP. No other uses of the HP logo are permitted. When referring to the company name in formal documentation (i.e., annual reports, financial reports) the full name Hewlett-Packard Company is preferred. In informal references to the company in text, HP may be used.
beakmyn

Postby wrzwaldo » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:16 pm

First round, zero sold.
wrzwaldo

Postby G8tK33per » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:30 pm

Thorn wrote:It may not be false information. Running a Google on "Marty Yinzer" produces some possible links to both PA and HI. Also, that phone number shows as "possibly reassigned" on at least one phone search engine.

Guys, the idea here isn't to be disruptive to their domain or the like. The idea is to get them to at least acknowledge that the "product" the are selling is an open source project that is conceived, designed, and built other people. With the one exception of mentioning a "hack" by Joshua Wright, the eBay ad never mentions the others, and that is the shameful part.

He has ties to PA and his last name is "Yinzer"? Does anyone else familiar with western PA lingo/slang find that a little fishy?
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby Thorn » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:44 pm

G8tK33per wrote:He has ties to PA and his last name is "Yinzer"? Does anyone else familiar with western PA lingo/slang find that a little fishy?
OK, I'll admit it, it's lost on me. What's "yinzer" mean?
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby streaker69 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:48 pm

Thorn wrote:OK, I'll admit it, it's lost on me. What's "yinzer" mean?

Google is your friend.

http://members.aol.com/brownsbackerspgh/yinzer.html

Granted it's news to me. I never heard that term when I was in Pittsburgh all the time.
streaker69

Postby G8tK33per » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:37 pm

Thorn wrote:OK, I'll admit it, it's lost on me. What's "yinzer" mean?

Yuns ain't heard of yinzer? Yeesh.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby Schutzengel » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:35 am

I will have to admit i have not heard of the term "Yizner" and neither has Urban Dictionary.

yizner

Schutzengel

Postby beakmyn » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:22 am

beakmyn

PreviousNext

Return to Unix/Linux