AiroDump Drivers

AiroDump Drivers

Postby blcArmadillo » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:34 pm

Hey I recently downloaded AiroPeek and AirCrack. I found a realtek driver on the WildPackets website for my D-Link Air DWL-650 card. I succesfully installed the driver and my card works fine. However when I open AiroPeek it says that my card is not using a WildPackets driver. Does anyone have a clue of where I could find a compatible driver or any ideas of something I may be doing wrong? If so I would greatly appreciate the info. Thanks.
blcArmadillo
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:37 pm

blcArmadillo wrote:Hey I recently downloaded AiroPeek and AirCrack. I found a realtek driver on the WildPackets website for my D-Link Air DWL-650 card. I succesfully installed the driver and my card works fine. However when I open AiroPeek it says that my card is not using a WildPackets driver. Does anyone have a clue of where I could find a compatible driver or any ideas of something I may be doing wrong? If so I would greatly appreciate the info. Thanks.

Is it the DWL-650 or 650+?
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby blcArmadillo » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:01 pm

DWL-650 is the one I have streaker.
blcArmadillo
Mini Stumbler

Postby grcore » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:01 pm

When you check your network card properties, under configure and on the Driver tab does it list the provider as WildPackets?

if not then the driver is not installed.

g
grcore

Postby blcArmadillo » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:15 pm

grcore I went and checked to see if it listed WildPackets but it dident. It said the provider was D-Link. This leads me to believe that instead of using the driver I told it to it reverted to a diffrent driver. Anyone have any ideas? Could it be that the driver I downloaded from WildPackets site was just a driver provided by D-Link?
blcArmadillo
Mini Stumbler

Postby grcore » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:19 pm

blcArmadillo wrote:grcore I went and checked to see if it listed WildPackets but it dident. It said the provider was D-Link. This leads me to believe that instead of using the driver I told it to it reverted to a diffrent driver. Anyone have any ideas? Could it be that the driver I downloaded from WildPackets site was just a driver provided by D-Link?

If you installed it properly, it would have said WildPackets. Follow the instructions until you get it installed right.

g
grcore

Postby blcArmadillo » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:35 pm

I just tried again (this is my sixth time). I was however given the same error message. I have included a cropped screenshot of the message (grayscale because original filesize was to large for forum). Any suggestions are appreciated.
Attachments
ProblemMessage.jpg
ProblemMessage.jpg (32.31 KiB) Viewed 2750 times
blcArmadillo
Mini Stumbler

Postby grcore » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:09 pm

According the the Wildpackets site, The DLink DWL650 rev. M- version 3 only, Version P1 is not supported.

What version do you have?

g
grcore

Postby someguy88 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:27 am

I have a DWL-650 rev. P card, and I receive the same error.

I found this this page, where it specifies that the card has a Prism3 SSF chipset.

Since both Aircrack, and Airsnort rely on Airopeek, it looks like we either have to wait until WildPackets releases a supported driver or invest in a new card. I did read somewhere else in these forums that WildPackets has been working with various hardware vendors to support more chipsets. However there was no timeframe, and the list had no specifics. I'm going to make a trip over to ebay after this, but there is still a chance that this card may be supported someday. I have not found any technical documentation that suggests this card is unable to get the job done (aside from having no drivers).

Hope this helps, and good luck.
someguy88
Mini Stumbler

Postby Dutch » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:42 am

Zoombie alert..
Do NOT revive threads where the last post was made more than a year ago.

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Return to Windows