airodump for windows (beta2)

alrighty

Postby diabolic00 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:49 pm

Thx for the info!
Well actually I have had a bit more linux experence then I first let on. Yet i'm still very much a newbie.

The thing I hate about linux is exactly what you said the unlearing part. I know windows so well, and linux is like another world.

I've been working with knoppix std and airsnort a little. I got the drivers for my cisco mini pci 350 card yet could not install them. I figured out how to install them yet knoppix runs from a cd so I could not write the files. I even tried rewriting the lilo and make knoppix run off the hd. This did not work knoppix std does not want to run off the hd very easyly.

I have redhat 9.0 and phlak also. Redhat takes up tones of space so I did not want to use that. Phlak was fine but does not have airsnort. Yet phlak has a lot more stuff I have not played with.

Any ideas if I use phlak how I could generate the traiffic?

Anyone use phlak?
diabolic00
Mini Stumbler

Postby nono » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:20 pm

diabolic00 wrote:If I really wanted to just use someone elses internet I can simply connect to the 2 open 802.11b networks that are blazing fast and very close. Yet I don't know there owners and would not want to connect to them without asking.

Erm don't mind me asking, if you didn't connect to it, how do you know that it is blazing fast? :D
nono
Mini Stumbler

Postby diabolic00 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:40 pm

Without a dought.. The signal comming from them are vary strong. I just met that I could pick them up from anywhere at my place.
diabolic00
Mini Stumbler

Postby wrzwaldo » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:08 pm

Strong signal has nothing to do with "blazing fast". A strong signal with loads of noise will be anything but blazing.
wrzwaldo

Postby diabolic00 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:47 am

Noise? You mean interference from stuff like microwaves? And phones?

Everyone around here including my pal has sbc and his connection is fast. These other guys most likely have the same thing so there all gonna be just as fast.

No one has mentioned anything about phlak. Unlike knoppx phlak can install to the hd easyly. Does anyone use it and could tell me what I could use on the distro to generate some traffic?

Thx
diabolic00
Mini Stumbler

Postby grcore » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:58 am

Why don't you install the distro, get the NIC working, then look for ways to generate traffic.

You will need a prism based card to do this. If you don't have one, get one. Read the messages here, read the documentation for aireplay, the answers are in there you just refuse to do anything yourself, and want everyone to do everything for you.

Figure it out, how are you going to learn if you dont do it yourself?

g
grcore

got a prism 3 syntax usb-400 adapter

Postby diabolic00 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:48 pm

using phlak
got aircrack 2.1 for linux
got linux-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre20.tar.bz2 drivers for usb-400

i'm going to try to install the drivers and aircrack and try to use aireplay.

any ideas or help you could provide would be great. Has anyone tried these drivers or the usb-400 with linux?

THX
diabolic00
Mini Stumbler

Postby grcore » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:20 pm

diabolic00 wrote:any ideas or help you could provide would be great. Has anyone tried these drivers or the usb-400 with linux?
THX

In case you have not noticed, this is a windows forum. You are probably better off starting a thread someplace else (aka, a linux forum), you will likely get more response.

And probably you might want to look for a forum that might be specific to phlak

http://www.phlak.org/modules/newbb/index.php

g
grcore

need some help with all this wirless stuff

Postby asagath » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:52 am

I'd been hired for analicing the security of a WLAN of an enterprise... I'm using windows 2000, a TrendNet TEW 228PI card... The WLAN is only using WEP, I already have the aircrack, and the airodump, I'm executing the airodump, and it start to find packets, buy not a single IV, how much time can this take, how much packets thoes it needs before gathering enough information to get the WEP key???

If you wonder why am I using that adapter, that's 'cause I live in Pereira - Colombia and here there aren't many wirless adapters to buy.

I will totally appreciate any help...

Asagath

P.D.: I know that my english sucks, but plz, have in mind that I'm from Colombia and our native lenguage is the spanish, not the english, but I'm doing my best for writing a good (or at least understandable) english
asagath
Mini Stumbler

Postby G8tK33per » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:02 am

Wow...I didn't realize that UUNet was supplying IP addresses for Colombia.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby Huzzy » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:32 pm

G8tK33per wrote:Wow...I didn't realize that UUNet was supplying IP addresses for Colombia.

hah, sprung.
Huzzy
Mini Stumbler

Postby Maxxy » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:26 pm

devine wrote:You'll have to install the driver from http://www.agere.com/mobility/docs/windows_drivers_sr02-2.3.zip
Then grab peek3.vxd and peek.dll and put them in the same directory as airodump.exe

I'm in the same boat as PaulB, trying to use an older laptop running win98 for capturing packets. anyone know what version of airopeek the peek3.vxd and peek.dll need to come from? Or if anyone has them handy anywhere that I can download from? I've tried the latest version of airopeek from the wildpackets site but they dont seem to support win98 anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Cheers
Maxxy
Maxxy
Mini Stumbler

Postby Itan » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:37 pm

I'm running a orinoco classic gold card runing windows_drivers_sr02-2.3.zip, But airodump dosent seem to getting any IVs in 12 hours of running I only recieved little over 6000. Granted it might be because no one was using it at the time. So I tried to the mass pinging so try to generate traffic, but that didnt have any results either. The only other idea I have is that my card is a B and the ones I've tried so far are G is thats whats going on? If so I feel like a total noob more than usual.
Itan
Mini Stumbler

Postby devine » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:26 am

Maxxy wrote:I'm in the same boat as PaulB, trying to use an older laptop running win98 for capturing packets. anyone know what version of airopeek the peek3.vxd and peek.dll need to come from? Or if anyone has them handy anywhere that I can download from? I've tried the latest version of airopeek from the wildpackets site but they dont seem to support win98 anymore.

There's an older version with peek3.vxd on this site:

http://safariexamples.informit.com/0672324881/apwnxdemo.exe

It may or may not work with airodump.
devine

Postby Maxxy » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:38 am

devine wrote:There's an older version with peek3.vxd on this site:

http://safariexamples.informit.com/0672324881/apwnxdemo.exe

It may or may not work with airodump.

Nice 1, thanks Devine, appreciated, I'll let you/the forum know how I get on. I'm sure Im not the only one that could find this useful.

Cheers
Maxxy
Mini Stumbler

PreviousNext

Return to Windows