airodump for windows (beta2)

Postby devine » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:03 pm

k3nv wrote:If you use airodump to capture say, 40MB of data to a file called test.cap, stop it, and then start up again, does it append packets it captures to the existing test.cap file? Or does it start all over again?

My current file is about 40MB and has 11,000 IV's. But for some reason, if I start dump to the same file, test.cap, it grows in file size but when I run aircrack, the amount of IV's don't increase eventhough I know every session it captures about 1000 IV's.

Yes, that bug has been reported a couple of times. I'll see if there's a way to fix it, and also the blue screen bug.
devine

Airodump reports incorrect ENC ?

Postby jlmcp » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:17 am

Alrght - plonk me if this was already noticed, but when running Airodump 2.1, I note that my WEP network is showing up as WPA, and one of my open networks is showing up as WEP.

Is that just a bug?

-Jake
jlmcp
Mini Stumbler

Aircrack/dump feature suggestion.

Postby jlmcp » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:10 pm

All,

(Apologies for consecutive posts.)

Chris, if you get this, here is one feature suggestion for Aircrack/dump that would be really useful to me a professonal pen-tester. I would be interested to see if others would find this useful as well.

Background:

Whenever I do a WiFi pen-test and attempt encryption cracking, the client always wants to know, " ... how long will it take?"

Feature suggestion:

What would be neat to add to Airodump would be some kind of calculation for (1) how many IVs/sec the tool is currently collecting, and (2) estimated time to gather 500k or 1m IV's.

Just my $0.02.

-Jake
jlmcp
Mini Stumbler

Postby shoom » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:29 pm

Does the MA401 802.11b pc card work ok with airdump ?

I am trying to crack my home network which is a linksys Wireless G 802.11b/g

Using dell inspiron 510m which has intel wireless built in with xp SP 2

I used Agere drivers "Show compatible hardware", and finally choose the "D-link Air DWL-660 Wireless PC Card as the doc. says.

Airdump does load ok and capture packets but no IV's no matter how long its running.

1 Will a 802.11b card get IV's on a 802.11b/g AP ?

2 Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong ?

3 If its MA401 802.11b pc card which is no good whats good cheap one I can order online in the UK ?
shoom
Mini Stumbler

Postby Dutch » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:37 pm

shoom wrote:Does the MA401 802.11b pc card work ok with airdump ?

I am trying to crack my home network which is a linksys Wireless G 802.11b/g

Using dell inspiron 510m which has intel wireless built in with xp SP 2

I used Agere drivers "Show compatible hardware", and finally choose the "D-link Air DWL-660 Wireless PC Card as the doc. says.

Airdump does load ok and capture packets but no IV's no matter how long its running.

1 Will a 802.11b card get IV's on a 802.11b/g AP ?

2 Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong ?

3 If its MA401 802.11b pc card which is no good whats good cheap one I can order online in the UK ?

What chipset does it use ?

1) If there is 802.11b traffic on the network, then a 802.11b card should be able to capture IV's on the network. If there isn't any 802.11b clients on the network, or the AP is configured to only support 802.11g, then no.

2) Not reading the included documentation and drawing correct conclusions with regards to drivers perhaps ?

3) Search for a card with a supported chipset.

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby streaker69 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:16 am

devlin wrote:im trying to use airodump 2.1 on win xp with netgear wireless card. when i run airodump i get this error:

LoadLibrary(Peek.dll) failed, make sure this file is present in the directory.

well its not and i didn't see it in the download.

any advice?

Google?
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby theprez98 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:23 am

this is too easy:

http://www.cr0.net:8040/code/network/aircrack/#q30

Are additionnal files required to run airodump ?

Yes. You'll need PEEK.DLL and PEEK5.SYS from AiroPeek. PEEK.DLL itself depends on MSVCR70.DLL - search Google for "index +of msvcr70" (without the quotes ;-). All these files should be put in the same directory as airodump.exe.
theprez98

Postby paulo_andre » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:04 am

newbie here
I have a SMC2835 (PrismGT) and from what I read, it doesn't work with airopeek (if anyone knows a way...) so I'm looking for a new card. However, my laptop's pcmcia is not working very well, so I think usb is my only choice. I know that airopeek doesn't support usb devices, but there must be one that has a supported chipset and therefore work with aircrack, right? does anyone know where I can find that info?

also, another question: packet injection, for now, only on linux, but are you thinking on porting that to windows as well or it isn't even in the TODO list?
paulo_andre
Mini Stumbler

Postby Dutch » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:18 am

paulo_andre wrote:newbie here
I have a SMC2835 (PrismGT) and from what I read, it doesn't work with airopeek (if anyone knows a way...) so I'm looking for a new card. However, my laptop's pcmcia is not working very well, so I think usb is my only choice. I know that airopeek doesn't support usb devices, but there must be one that has a supported chipset and therefore work with aircrack, right? does anyone know where I can find that info?

also, another question: packet injection, for now, only on linux, but are you thinking on porting that to windows as well or it isn't even in the TODO list?

If you'll purchase the source code and the sole rights for the proprietary WildPackets Aeropeek drivers, and donate both items to the Opensource community, I'm sure that devine or Korek might take a look at implementing it. ;)

Remember, that on the Linux platform, the source for the drivers with RFMON capability are readily available. AFAIK on the Windows platform, only proprietary third party drivers, like those WildPacket supply with their Aeropeek product, support RFMON.

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby paulo_andre » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:46 am

in that case, you have answered my other question... since I really need packet injection to be able to find wep keys (I want to prove some friends that I can break their network without being in their home) I have to switch to linux. and in that case there are a few usb adapters with support (and for the packet injection I still have my smc2835 even that it doesn't work well.
paulo_andre
Mini Stumbler

Source code

Postby Flopik » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:40 am

I dont think your can pay for airopeek source but reversing the files of airopeek is already been done with airsnort. Just look at the source code.
Also with Airopeek I saw a SDK.. might be usefull.

[quote="Dutch"]If you'll purchase the source code and the sole rights for the proprietary WildPackets Aeropeek drivers, and donate both items to the Opensource community, I'm sure that devine or Korek might take a look at implementing it. ]
Flopik

Postby stephenb821 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:30 am

D-Link DWL G650 Rev C2 work well
stephenb821
Mini Stumbler

Postby stephenb821 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:37 am

I mean, the card is compatible with Atheros driver...
But performance is not excellent. I had this card to my laptop which had an Intel 2200BG card which receive a better signal than D-link one. (I check it with a stumbler program)
stephenb821
Mini Stumbler

can someone help please

Postby kyukun » Tue May 17, 2005 8:26 am

I am trying to crack my home network which is a D-Link Wireless G 802.11b/g

Using HP notebook with pccard D-Link GWL-G650 with Atheros driver with xp SP 2

Airdump captured a few million packets and half a million IV.

1 I am using a 64bit key.
2 I tried to crack it with aircrack but aircrack give up after 6 tries.
3 I even use debug mode and specify the beginning of the key and it still wouldn't crack it :mad:

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong ?

*edit* Sorry guys/gals, I forgot to up the fudge :o

*edit2* hmm... it seems that even though I changed the MAC to my wireless router, aircrack went ahead and crack the first WEP-encrypted BSSID anyway (which is my neighbor's wireless router :mad: )
My question now is there anyway to choose the SECOND wep-encrypted BSSID to crack? or to separate the packets into two separate files?

Thank you much.
kyukun
Mini Stumbler

Postby fantasy2 » Fri May 20, 2005 6:27 am

I was wondering, how could I perform a ping flood when I'm not even connected to a wep encrypted router?

I'm using ICMP ping flood.

Is it just that I have to broadcast packages to get a response?
fantasy2
Mini Stumbler

PreviousNext

Return to Windows