KNSGEM is now released!!

Postby Scruge » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:18 pm

Have you tried clicking on one of the AP dots to open the description balloon and then clicking on any of the links at the bottom of the balloon to open the coverage maps?

OR

Opening any of the other KMLs found in the KNSGEM\KML folder?
Scruge

Postby simfun » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:03 pm

Hello again,

when i click on one of the links get a page not found on the bottom of the screen. The link seems to show in the right location though.
By the way, can you make a fix for using , instead of . ? I use Greek settings and i have problem with converting.

Thanks in advance.
simfun
Mini Stumbler

Postby Scruge » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:03 pm

simfun wrote:Hello again,

when i click on one of the links get a page not found on the bottom of the screen. The link seems to show in the right location though.
By the way, can you make a fix for using , instead of . ? I use Greek settings and i have problem with converting.

Thanks in advance.

Hey what do you expect?
I'm just a mediocre programmer and don't have a clue on how to talk to the OS to id the "local" settings.

If commas(,) are causing your problem and you don't want to change your settings to english, then open the kml with a text editor and do a search and replace.

Your broken links maybe caused by not having the Knsgem configuration file setup with the correct kml folder path.
Scruge

Postby Scruge » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:59 am

I was able to figure out how to lock KNSGEM into using a period for the decimal point in numeric data.

The update is very minor and will only affect those in countries that use a comma for a decimal point.

KNSGEM 1.042
Scruge

Postby Scruge » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:16 am

I discovered during my last update that I left the <parseonly=1> switch in knsgem's configuration file "knsgem.cfg" set to "1" . This switch causes knsgem not to produce the KML files. You can either download and install knsgem again or simply open the "knsgem.cfg" file with text editor and change the <parseonly=1> value to <parseonly=0>.

This only affects those who downloaded and installed knsgem between 11/24/06 and 11/29/06.
Scruge

Postby streaker69 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:57 am

Scruge wrote:I discovered during my last update that I left the <parseonly=1> switch in knsgem's configuration file "knsgem.cfg" set to "1" . This switch causes knsgem not to produce the KML files. You can either download and install knsgem again or simply open the "knsgem.cfg" file with text editor and change the <parseonly=1> value to <parseonly=0>.

This only affects those who downloaded and installed knsgem between 11/24/06 and 11/29/06.

I had contacted KNSGEM tech support over in Mumbai and they didn't have a clue as to this problem. ;)
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Scruge » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:44 am

[quote="streaker69"]I had contacted KNSGEM tech support over in Mumbai and they didn't have a clue as to this problem. ]
Unfortunately the Mumbai tech support office went down after most of its staff (nuclear physicists) were recalled to the Bhabha Atomic Research Center.
It was a tuff choice for most, as the pay difference was only $2 per month, $97.50 verses $99.50.

The good news is, I've heard there is an abundance of out of work rickshaw runners that are available for $85 per month.

Hope to have them up an running in the next few days.:)
Scruge

Postby streaker69 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:46 am

Scruge wrote:Unfortunately the Mumbai tech support office went down after most of its staff (nuclear physicists) were recalled to the Bhabha Atomic Research Center.
It was a tuff choice for most, as the pay difference was only $2 per month, $97.50 verses $99.50.

The good news is, I've heard there is an abundance of out of work rickshaw runners that are available for $85 per month.

Hope to have them up an running in the next few days.:)

Well that's good. At least I did get my Squishy in the mail 3 to 6 weeks after I contacted them.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby simfun » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:50 am

Scruge wrote:I was able to figure out how to lock KNSGEM into using a period for the decimal point in numeric data.

The update is very minor and will only affect those in countries that use a comma for a decimal point.

KNSGEM 1.042

Great news!!!
Thank you very much!!!!:)
simfun
Mini Stumbler

Colors...

Postby Jay95 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:53 pm

Scruge wrote:New release Knsgem 1.03

You can now change color settings and tweak the beziers curves used to create the "Averaged Coverage Plots _A".
The vector plots are now called Raw _R, as in raw data plots.
The config file supports swapping the Fill and Outline color schemes (swap channel for security colors) Handy when you want to see how many of your neighbors are on the same channel and how they overlap.
Fixed a few minor bugs.

Hi Scruge - great peice of software, well done.

I was fiddling with it last night for a few hours but I couldn't figure out how to change the color schemes. If possible I'd like to change the color schemes for which channel the sites are on, SSID ID's and if they have WEP enabled or disabled.

I'd like to try and save these files seperately (channel/SSID/WEP) so at a glance we can see which sites and areas have dead spots or need channel changing.

Thanks

J

Edit - using the latest release.
Jay95
Mini Stumbler

Postby Scruge » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:26 pm

Jay95 wrote: If possible I'd like to change the color schemes for which channel the sites are on, SSID ID's and if they have WEP enabled or disabled.

I'd like to try and save these files seperately (channel/SSID/WEP) so at a glance we can see which sites and areas have dead spots or need channel changing.

You can change the channel colors by replacing the color (3 byte hex) codes with your preference, those being the first 15 lines of the knsgem.cfg.
The color transparancy level and secure/unsecure can be set as well.

I used [color="red"]this link [/color]as a reference.

Code: Select all
<chnlpcolor01=[B][color="Red"]ffccff[/color][/B]>       // lavender
<chnlpcolor02=FFFF00>       // yellow   
<chnlpcolor03=000080>       // blue     
<chnlpcolor04=FF00FF>       // magenta 
<chnlpcolor05=00FFFF>       // cyan     
<chnlpcolor06=ffffff>       // white   
<chnlpcolor07=00FF00>       // lime     
<chnlpcolor08=ff9933>       // orange   
<chnlpcolor09=808080>       // grey     
<chnlpcolor10=800080>       // purple   
<chnlpcolor11=0000FF>       // lt blue
<chnlpcolor12=808000>       // olive   
<chnlpcolor13=008080>       // teal   
<chnlpcolor14=FFFF66>       // lt yellow
<chnlpcolorna=000000>       // black   
<gmtoffset=-6>              // GMT time offset works only with NS1 files
<securepcolor=[B][color="red"]008000[/color][/B]>       // Secure Network color Green
<nsecurepcolor=FF0000>      // Non Secure Network color Red
<swaplinefillcolor=1>       // 0 or 1 swaps channel and secure colors
<filltransparency=[B][color="red"]90[/color][/B]>       // fill transparency ff opaq 00 transparent
<linetransparency=ff>       // line transparency ff opaq 00 transparent
<smoothingbias=5>           // curve smoothing bias -5 to 10 (min average signal level)
<rollingaverage=5>          // rolling average 0 to 10 (average signal range at any point)
<curvesegments=5>            // segments per curve 3 to 10
<maxradiusdegrees=.018>      // Max Radius in degrees  .009 degrees is approx 1km
<labeltype=0>                // Map Labels 0 for MAC   1 for SSID
<redicon=C:/knsgem/icons/red.png>         // Path to GE icon
<greenicon=C:/knsgem/icons/green.png>     // Path to GE icon
<yellowicon=C:/knsgem/icons/yellow.png>   // Path to GE icon
<parseonly=0>                // 0 for normal merge and kml creation   1 for parse only and stop
<>
Scruge

Postby Jay95 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 pm

Worked great - thanks

J
Jay95
Mini Stumbler

Postby Scruge » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:51 pm

Here's a sneak peek at Knsgem 2.

May release a beta this weekend.

Knsgem now provides a signal strength plot of your NS or Kismet logs based on 4 user definable signal classifications.
One might find it useful for identifing coverage problems or locating spoofed macs.

This example shows a plot of a single AP near the mouse pointer.
The dots with spikes represent the signal strength and recording location which can be clicked to reveal the actual signal reading.
Scruge

Postby Scruge » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:09 pm

Here's a couple of examples of Knsgem2 detecting spoofed MACs.

Point A is a house and point B is a business, they are 14 miles apart and using the same MAC.

Point C is a business and point D is business, they are 5 miles apart and using the same MAC.

I'd like to add a feature to auto-detect such anomalies.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Scruge

Postby Dutch » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:29 pm

Scruge wrote:Here's a couple of examples of Knsgem2 detecting spoofed MACs.

Point A is a house and point B is a business, they are 14 miles apart and using the same MAC.

Point C is a business and point D is business, they are 5 miles apart and using the same MAC.

I'd like to add a feature to auto-detect such anomalies.
Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm not so sure they are spoofed MAC's per se... Check the logs, my SWAG is that the networks in question are AdHoc type nets (or probe's searching for the AdHoc net) and not Infrastructure.
If so, they are operating per the 802.11 specs, wrt the MAC's being random, and thereby able to have the same MAC as another device.

It's one of the reasons I see networks I've detected, suddenly appearing in places I never stumbled. Someone else detects a network, which has the same BSSID during AdHoc operation, that the network detected by me had, and during the next update of the Wigle Map, it has suddenly been teleported from Denmark, to Ohio or Australia..

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

PreviousNext

Return to Windows