Netgear WG511T and airdump

Netgear WG511T and airdump

Postby moogle33 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:52 am

Hello all, im sorry if this is the wrong forum if it is could you let me know where to post.

I have a Netgear WG511T wifi card that works fine with the netgear drivers but they are not supported by airopeek for windows. I was told I need the atheros drivers so I downloaded them from the wildpackets site (that said they should work on my wifi card) I installed the drivers and device manageer tells me they are working fine. but I cant connect to any wireless networks, and airdump just sits there not receiving anything.

Could anybody help? im on windows XP SP2 btw
moogle33
Mini Stumbler

Postby Dutch » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:09 am

moogle33 wrote:Hello all, im sorry if this is the wrong forum if it is could you let me know where to post.

I have a Netgear WG511T wifi card that works fine with the netgear drivers but they are not supported by airopeek for windows. I was told I need the atheros drivers so I downloaded them from the wildpackets site (that said they should work on my wifi card) I installed the drivers and device manageer tells me they are working fine. but I cant connect to any wireless networks, and airdump just sits there not receiving anything.

And this relates to the scope of the newbie lounge in what way ?
Forum Section descriptions wrote:Newbie Lounge
The place to come to ask your basic NetStumbler/WiFi questions before moving on to the rest of the forum.

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby dakkon2k » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:56 am

moogle33 wrote:Hello all, im sorry if this is the wrong forum if it is could you let me know where to post.

I'd say try posting in the airopeek/wildpackets support forum. Think they have a 90 day access plan for purchased products.

As for your current issues:
Did you check to see if you card was supported? Supported HW for Airopeek
After checking to see if your card is supported come back and let us know why it don't work.
Unable to apply patch, Please install M$ Outlook to continue. :confused:
A journey of a thousand posts begins with How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
dakkon2k

Location: Quite a bit EAST & a smidgen south of the world famous Rat. 2 miles from the beach or 1/2 a mile

Postby shadowcrow » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:34 am

I have the same problem, but I knew that the chipset of the WG511T is the same as the chipset of the D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-G650 Card which is supported. The drivercheck is OK and airodump is starting without any problems.
A friend of mine has the same card (wg511t) and it runs without problems so if anyone has got an answer...
shadowcrow
Mini Stumbler

Postby MikeP928 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:49 am

Hey guys, who was supposed to pass the word that we are now the official airopeek support site? As usual, nobody lets me in on the cool stuff. I wonder if we can get the guys over at Wildpackets to do support for NS.

I have a feeling the percentage of moron/tard help requests is probably about the same.

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just lots of inquisitive idiots.

MikeP
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
MikeP928

Return to Windows