PocketStumbler

PocketStumbler

Postby KidEternity » Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:15 am

Check this out. A pocket stumbler that detects open WIFI points in the palm of your hand.

http://www.idetect.com.sg/WiFi.htm

I'm contacting them with regards to pricing.

-KidE
KidEternity
Mini Stumbler

Postby TheSovereign » Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:08 pm

i believe ministumbler offered for free also does this, though i encourage donation
SO SAYS TheSovereign
TheSovereign

Postby KidEternity » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:19 pm

Originally posted by TheSovereign
i believe ministumbler offered for free also does this

I can imagine any number of things do this, but how many don't require a palm/ipaq/CE/Laptop to function? That's the nifty thing. It's a ultra-small footprint and doesn't look like you're wardriving. I would imagine that it's going to be cheaper than setting up a device to perform this function.

-KidE
KidEternity
Mini Stumbler

Postby sparafina » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:43 pm

Originally posted by KidEternity
I can imagine any number of things do this, but how many don't require a palm/ipaq/CE/Laptop to function? That's the nifty thing. It's a ultra-small footprint and doesn't look like you're wardriving. I would imagine that it's going to be cheaper than setting up a device to perform this function.

-KidE

What's the point of detecting a microwave signal if you aren't going to do something with it ? It looks like it has 2 leds and a on/off switch. It looks suspiciously like a microwave leak detector. You could probably make one yourself using an led and a microwave diode.

I'm also curious in how you would use this for planning anything other than there's a microwave signal present (could be someone heating up popcorn or talking on a 2.4ghz phone). Weird.
sparafina
Mini Stumbler

Postby peekitty » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:52 pm

There was some more discussion about this thing earlier on the off topic forum. Can't tell if it's real or a joke... or just a really cheezy-looking product.
peekitty

Postby sparafina » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:25 pm

Originally posted by peekitty
Can't tell if it's real or a joke... or just a really cheezy-looking product.

Check out their other products, mostly microwave leakage detectors - actually their leakage detectors look more creditable than the WiFi "Sniffer"

Oh well, there are folks that will buy a cantenna ...
sparafina
Mini Stumbler

Return to Windows