SiteStumbler

SiteStumbler

Postby wrzwaldo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:04 pm

http://www.heliumnetworks.com/knowledge/sitestumblerdemo.htm

For just $995, SiteStumbler integrates a proprietary version of the popular NetStumbler for superior wireless data collection. The product is easy-to-use, fully automated and comes complete with one year of email support and software upgrades at no additional cost. If you need more horsepower over time to support your WLAN environment, you may upgrade at any time to Helium’s Wireless Recon product suite. Our goal is to provide you with a scalable solution that meets the needs of all phases of your network’s design and implementation.

Try a free, seven-day evaluation of SiteStumbler today! Or, simply order the product online!
wrzwaldo

Postby streaker69 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:09 pm

Damn, it's not very often you see a company that wants to get a new asshole drilled sideways by lawyers.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby wrzwaldo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:12 pm

I'd be willing to bet it was co-authored by Marius or at least has his blessing.

Here's the email I got.

If you need an automated, easy-to-use tool to survey and audit your wireless LAN networks, SiteStumbler is the perfect entry-level solution!

Developed by Helium Networks, SiteStumbler is a cost-effective, entry-level wireless site survey and audit tool that enables you to visualize and map 802.11 a/b/g wireless LAN (WLAN) networks, along with performing a variety of simulations. For just $995, SiteStumbler integrates a proprietary version of the popular NetStumbler for superior wireless data collection.

Paul Morris of Morris Communications in Australia had this to say about SiteStumbler: “I’ve been testing SiteStumbler and I like it a lot. It’s so easy to use. The ability to drag the mouse over the floor plan and pick a spot to see the RF level and SNR is really cool. At the entry level, this is, by far, the best value for the money I have seen.”

Try it for yourself! The product is available for a free seven-day demo at http://www.heliumnetworks.com/knowledge/sitestumblerdemo.htm. After the initial demo license expires, you can then purchase the product online. Use e-coupon code HeliumSiteStumbler at checkout to save $200 until October 31, 2006! The cost includes one year of email support and software upgrades.

Walt Halasowski
Helium Networks, Inc.
wrzwaldo

Postby Scruge » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:18 pm

Interesting,

I didn't notice a list of supported cards for the proprietary version of NS or how they were gathering location data.
Scruge

Postby wrzwaldo » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:20 pm

Scruge wrote:Interesting,

I didn't notice a list of supported cards for the proprietary version of NS or how they were gathering location data.

I have requested the 7 day evaluation copy. It will be interesting to see what hardware is supported. I wonder if it gathers the position data like the "Wireless Recon"?

The pdf says "works with all wireless cards and laptop internal wireless"

http://www.heliumnetworks.com/products/SiteStumblerData.pdf

And the second page says "Captures 802.11a/b/g noise data (with supported cards)".

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Hermes and Atheros based cards.

The second page also says "Detects access points that do no broadcast the SSID".
wrzwaldo

Postby King_Ice_Flash » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:55 pm

Nah, I bet they're using the Broadcom cards.
"Yeah," said a voice from under the table, "you go to pieces so fast people get hit by the shrapnel."
King_Ice_Flash

Postby Dutch » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:21 am

streaker69 wrote:Damn, it's not very often you see a company that wants to get a new asshole drilled sideways by lawyers.

[Quote=wrzwaldo]I'd be willing to bet it was co-authored by Marius or at least has his blessing.[/quote]

My money is on wrzwaldo...
http://www.stumbler.net/index.php?m=200505

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby Dutch » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:28 am

Scruge wrote:Interesting,

From the downloadable datasheet :
sitestumbler datasheet wrote:SiteStumbler works with all wireless cards and internal laptop wireless for collecting 802.11a/b/g signal strength information. If your wireless card has an Atheros chipset, noise information will be collected as well.

http://www.heliumnetworks.com/products/SiteStumblerData.pdf

SWAG says NDIS 5.1 for non-Atheros cards, and native mode for Atheros cards, which fits in with an announcement Marius made 2 years ago on the NetStumbler mailinglist.

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

Postby Starpoint » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:11 am

I wonder if Marius knows and will act?
Against the run of the mill, static as it seems

We break the surface tension with our wild kinetic dreams
Curves and lines -- of grand designs...

Tonight's movie "Soylent Green" has been brought to you by our sponsor - Waste Management

My mind is like a Steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in most states
Starpoint

Postby Dutch » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:16 am

Starpoint wrote:I wonder if Marius knows and will act?

http://www.netstumbler.org/showpost.php?p=176058&postcount=7

I'd wager that he both knows, endorses and is involved in the product.

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

Postby Starpoint » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:55 am

Dutch wrote:http://www.netstumbler.org/showpost.php?p=176058&postcount=7

I'd wager that he both knows, endorses and is involved in the product.

Dutch

Not going to take up that bet, (might lose and cuts into my drinking $$$) Marius might focus on it and turn it into a commercial package, if so, the only advice I have is he might want to talk to a new vendor about a newer wifi card for correct snr's and such.

if the hardware required for the software is tough to get, no-one will use it.

Tonight's movie "Soylent Green" has been brought to you by our sponsor - Waste Management

Starpoint

Postby Dutch » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:09 am

Starpoint wrote:Not going to take up that bet, (might lose and cuts into my drinking $$$) Marius might focus on it and turn it into a commercial package, if so, the only advice I have is he might want to talk to a new vendor about a newer wifi card for correct snr's and such.

if the hardware required for the software is tough to get, no-one will use it.

You have problems getting Atheros based devices ?

http://www.netstumbler.org/showpost.php?p=176059&postcount=8

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

Postby Starpoint » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:20 am

Dutch wrote:You have problems getting Atheros based devices ?

http://www.netstumbler.org/showpost.php?p=176059&postcount=8

Dutch

Honestly never tried.. when I got into wardriving I read the forums as to what card was the preffered card, found a dealer and bought it.

What might be a good idea for this company is to do a package deal like Wispy does.. sell it with the adapter that is designed for the software, adds to the price some sure, but if you get the total package, then it reduces the unknown variables.

Starpoint

Postby wrzwaldo » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:20 am

Starpoint wrote:Honestly never tried.. when I got into wardriving I read the forums as to what card was the preffered card, found a dealer and bought it.

What might be a good idea for this company is to do a package deal like Wispy does.. sell it with the adapter that is designed for the software, adds to the price some sure, but if you get the total package, then it reduces the unknown variables.

Like NetStumbler, The Wi-Spy software was developed around existing hardware solution. If I recall correctly the Wi-Spy dongle is a wireless keyboard/mouse interface device.

Edit:

The Wi-Spy module is a Cypress WirelessUSB design, using a Cypress CYWUSB6934 LS 2.4GHz DSSS Radio SOC and CY7C63743 enCoRe USB Combination Low-speed USB & PS/2 Peripheral Controller. The key relevant tidbits that I picked up during a quick read of these datasheets is that the radio has a receive sensitivity of -90 dBm and has a top data transfer rate of 62.5 kbits/sec.
wrzwaldo

Postby beakmyn » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:19 pm

wrzwaldo wrote:Like NetStumbler, The Wi-Spy software was developed around existing hardware solution. If I recall correctly the Wi-Spy dongle is a wireless keyboard/mouse interface device.

Edit:

And the question is what "brand" is the dongle associated with and where can I buy [color="White"]ebay[/color] this wireless keyboard [color="White"]ebay[/color] dongle?
[color="White"]ebay[/color]
beakmyn

Next

Return to Windows