StreetStumbler 2004

Postby fregniacciaro » Tue May 04, 2004 7:01 am

Thanks Thorn!
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Postby RobTheGob » Tue May 04, 2004 9:23 am

Thorn wrote:Load PERL, use this.

Thanks! I'll try that as well. I keep getting errors when using Streetstumbler, with both the new and old versions of Netstumbler. I thought about writing my own tools to do the conversion, but starting with yours will definitely be faster. My version of Streets & Trips is older as well, so I may have to make some mods for that, too.

Rob
RobTheGob
Mini Stumbler

Streetstumbler Error Message

Postby RobTheGob » Tue May 04, 2004 2:02 pm

These are my Streetstumbler errors:

This is the error that I get when using the summary output of NetStumbler 0.4: "Run-time error '55': File already open".

When using the full text output of NS 0.4: It reads all entries in, but the GPS info is missing. If I then try to "Convert All", I get "Run-time error '62': Input past end of file. If I edit the lines to include the GPS Long/Lat, I get the error: "Run-time error '55': File already open".

If I edit the output of NS 0.4 to remove the first 4 lines, then I get "bad file - try again" errors.

It would be interesting to see the methods used to convert these files, it's hard to know what needs to be fixed right now. I had similar errors with NS 0.3 output.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Rob
RobTheGob
Mini Stumbler

Postby iceburn68 » Tue May 04, 2004 2:09 pm

RobTheGob wrote:These are my Streetstumbler errors:

This is the error that I get when using the summary output of NetStumbler 0.4: "Run-time error '55': File already open".

When using the full text output of NS 0.4: It reads all entries in, but the GPS info is missing. If I then try to "Convert All", I get "Run-time error '62': Input past end of file. If I edit the lines to include the GPS Long/Lat, I get the error: "Run-time error '55': File already open".

If I edit the output of NS 0.4 to remove the first 4 lines, then I get "bad file - try again" errors.

It would be interesting to see the methods used to convert these files, it's hard to know what needs to be fixed right now. I had similar errors with NS 0.3 output.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Rob

Street Stumbler will not work with 0.4.0 files unless you modify them like you tried, but i believe you have to delete entries at the end, not the first 4. Use Thorn's posted script or one of the workarounds I've posted earlier . . . :cool:
iceburn68
Mini Stumbler

Postby RobTheGob » Tue May 04, 2004 2:57 pm

iceburn68 wrote:Street Stumbler will not work with 0.4.0 files unless you modify them like you tried, but i believe you have to delete entries at the end, not the first 4. Use Thorn's posted script or one of the workarounds I've posted earlier . . . :cool:

Thanks for the reply. I've used the Thorn's perl scripts, they work quite well. That may be all I need. I did have problems using SS with NS 0.3, but I can't recall the exact errors.
RobTheGob
Mini Stumbler

Postby iceburn68 » Tue May 04, 2004 3:29 pm

RobTheGob wrote:Thanks for the reply. I've used the Thorn's perl scripts, they work quite well. That may be all I need. I did have problems using SS with NS 0.3, but I can't recall the exact errors.

only error i used to get was about hte file being used by another application or sumting like that . . . but i figured out a way around that . . . good luck . . .
iceburn68
Mini Stumbler

To Zerolight2003, StreetStumbler Issue Analysis

Postby krgottschall » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:09 am

Here is what I have discovered using StreetStumbler.

If you export a summary.txt file while NetStumbler is running, that file will open in StreetStumbler again and again. If you save your NetStumbler file (as a filename.ns1) file then load it back into NetStumbler and export a summary.txt file from it, you will get the "File already open Error" or the "Input past end of file Error" :(

I was once a Systems Analyst and my programming experience is in Fortran, Cobol, dBase and Basic (not VB). That was a while ago so I have enough knowledge to be dangerous. I think the problem is in NetStumbler. Specifically in the section that opens an existing *.ns1 file and exports a summary.txt file. Even though the summary file is written to disk, I don't think it is properly closed. :confused:

Hope this helps. :)
krgottschall
Mini Stumbler

Same here

Postby heretic976 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:21 pm

I received an Error 62 Input end of file and SS quit all together. :confused:
heretic976
Mini Stumbler

Postby heretic976 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:52 pm

hmm..ok i exported the NS file to a .txt file then imported it to excel (good so far). saved it as .xls then imported the xls file to ST but the ppins were in a different state!?!?! Not sure what to do...any help? and only about 10% of the APs showed up in ST. :confused:
heretic976
Mini Stumbler

Postby Rodsonnow » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:47 am

Thorn wrote:Load PERL, use this.

im a bit green here. where do i load this? in streets and trips?

in SS?

if in streets and trips, how do i load this script?

thank you in advance
Rodsonnow
Mini Stumbler

Postby Airstreamer » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:53 am

Rodsonnow wrote:[color="Red"]im a bit green here[/color]. where do i load this? in streets and trips?

in SS?

if in streets and trips, how do i load this script?

thank you in advance

I'd say you're more than a bit green, more like turned to dust. Zombie thread resurrection is frowned upon on here.

And... If you're into digging up stuff, dig up a shift key.
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
Airstreamer

Postby Rodsonnow » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:05 am

Airstreamer wrote:I'd say you're more than a bit green, more like turned to dust. Zombie thread resurrection is frowned upon on here.

And... If you're into digging up stuff, dig up a shift key.

Thanks for the expert help!!

I was not aware that proper capitalization and gramer where prerequisites here.

Thanks for your wonderful help!!

Age discrimination is so imature. If you dont want to answer the questions, then do the distinguished thing by not replying.

If anyone is interested in helping out this pile of dust with an answer, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Rod
Rodsonnow
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:07 am

Rodsonnow wrote:Thanks for the expert help!!

I was not aware that proper capitalization and gramer where prerequisites here.

Rod

http://www.netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=12814

Had you bothered to read the Welcome Desk, you would have known that. After all that thread was posted BEFORE you signed up.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Rodsonnow » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:14 am

Ok, so im a bad guy because i did not hit the shift key.

Can anyone now answer my question or is not hitting the shift key, that huge of an offence that I am not worth a proper reply?

Rod
Rodsonnow
Mini Stumbler

Postby brwrdrvr » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:18 am

Rodsonnow wrote:Ok, so im a bad guy because i did not hit the shift key.

Can anyone now answer my question or is not hitting the shift key, that huge of an offence that I am not worth a proper reply?

Rod

Go read the fucking Help Desk so you stop asking such stupid fucking questions.

There, how is that for help?
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

PreviousNext

Return to Windows